The outreach committee helps with spreading the gospel by reaching outside the community of Gracepoint to the communities we are surrounded in. Below is a list of future events.
- Newcomer’s lunch 11/11/18 at Elder Won’s house
- Thanksgiving Church Potluck 11/18/18 – Bring a dish, rake & canned goods
- We will be raking leaves for our church neighbors after lunch so bring your rakes!! It will be a great opportunity to show love while burning off those potluck calories.
- This year we will also be collecting canned goods and nonperishable foods to donate to a local food pantry. As you are doing your own family’s grocery shopping put some extra cans in your cart to share. A box will be able made available in the cafeteria to drop off your donations.
- To sign up for the potluck, click here.
- Turkey Baskets for Thanksgiving – 8th st. Community Church
- Please consider donating a turkey basket to needy families in the Hunting Park community of North Philadelphia.
- $30 covers 1 basket which includes: Turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, stuffing, and veggies
Donations can be sent via check/ mail or online
Checks payable to: 8th Street Community Church (Memo: Turkeys from Gracepoint)
Mail to: 3760 N. 8th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140
Online donations: Please click on “add special instructions” and indicate: Turkeys from Gracepoint
- Knitting Day 11/25/18 & 12/2/18
- Lets make scarves to give to the homeless this coming winter or to donate to a cancer ministry!
- We will be meeting after service at church on 11/25/18 and 12/2/18 where experienced Gracepoint knitters (Faye & Helen) will be sharing their knowledge to anyone who wants to learn. Yarn will be provided. Please bring your own knitting needles. They can be purchased at Michaels, AC Moore, or Joann Fabrics.
- Sign up sheet will be passed around this coming Sunday
- Atlantic City Toy Collection
- We will be collecting any new/ unused toys during the whole month of November to be donated to the Atlantic City Christmas gift store.
- Collection bins will be located near the welcome table
- Dec – Angel Tree & Visit city/homeless shelter to give out winter goods/food
- Jan – Ronald McDonald House
- Feb – Shovel snow / Deliver meals to a local firehouse
- Mar – Visit retirement / senior housing
- Apr – Egg hunt
- May – Food pantry
- Summer – Missions