Welcome to Our Church!
We would love to have you join us for Sunday worship and to be a part of a gospel community on mission. There isn’t a dress code, so feel free to come as you are. If you have any questions, you may email the church and someone will respond as soon as possible.
Every Sunday @ 10:10am
Philmont Christian Academy
35 East Hillcrest Avenue
Glenside, PA 19038
Procedures for Covid-19
1. Preparation Before In-Person Service
- We are asking people to stay home if you have been traveling to highly exposed areas or exhibiting any cold or flu symptoms.
- We are asking everyone to bring and wear masks as well as sanitize your hands before entering corporate worship.
- Each week we will disinfect our sanctuary, chairs and classrooms. .
- If you forget your masks or a visitor comes that does not have a mask, there will be tables with extra masks and hand sanitizers.
- Please note, there will be no coffee or refreshments served.
- Family members may sit next to each other.
- We are asking non-family members to sit at least 6 ft apart.
4. Praise Time
- Studies show that people singing in close proximity can increase the risk of spreading the virus. Thus, we are asking everyone to sing with masks on.
- For the time being, our praise may not be as loud or clear, but worship has never been about such. What matters is the issues of our hearts and physical safety.
- Students are being asked to remain and watch from their seats with their family.
- All children’s ministry programs will be done virtually for the time being.
- During this time in service, to welcome and exchange the Peace of Christ, we are asking you to respect people’s personal space.
- We are asking that you do not approach, do not hug, and do not shake anyone’s hand.
- One way to welcome your neighbors is by simply turning and waving hello to one another.
- We are continuing to encourage online giving (e.g. Venmo, etc.).
- We will have an offering box at the information table if you choose to give offering physically as you exit.
- We ask you NOT to fellowship before or after service in the hallway, or tight spaces.
- If you desire to spend more time with one another then we recommend you go outside in the open space.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How about the children?
- Socially distancing will be very difficult for our children, so for the time being we will only offer online Sunday School.
2. Will we continue to have communion on the first Sunday?
- Yes, but we will be moving to pre-packaged elements.
3. Will we continue to have church-wide lunches on Sunday?
- No. Lunches, coffee, and other refreshments will be not be served during this time.
4. Will Gracepoint stop online services?
- No. We are planning to either provide live-streaming of our in-person service.
5. Is this plan permanent and set?
- No. As noted in the beginning, everything changes except God. Therefore, we will be constantly monitoring the crisis and any/every new guideline set by the CDC.
6. Who do we contact for questions?
- Any of the teaching or ruling elders on the session.