Gracepoint Church (PCA)
Gracepoint Church seeks a Senior Pastor who, along with the Session, will lead and guide the congregation in its mission statement.
GRACEPOINT MISSION STATEMENT:
Gracepoint Church exists to glorify God by equipping His people with the gospel to build the Kingdom in the Greater Philadelphia area and beyond.
DESIRED PROFILE FOR SENIOR PASTOR:
- Gracepoint seeks a pastor that can clearly preach and teach the whole of Scripture in a way that glorifies the Triune God. Effective teaching will naturally exhort our members to practically apply Scriptures for their spiritual development thus carrying out the Great Commission in our communities, workplaces, and homes.
- Together with the Session, the senior pastor will provide leadership, oversight, and support to the leaders, staff, and church body.
- Gracepoint seeks a shepherding leader that can mobilize our congregation as disciples of Christ that will go out to reach and share the gospel with our communities and the world beyond our borders.
- Collaborate with leaders and staff to oversee Gracepoint’s two Sunday worship services:
- Preach Gospel-centered sermon on a weekly basis, for both worship services. Periodic reprieve may be provided by staff pastor or guest pastor.
- Lead communion service on a monthly basis. Elders will help administer the sacraments to the congregation.
- Lead new membership inductions and perform baptisms, as needed
- Together with the Session, collaborate and oversee the education ministry of the church
- Provide discipleship and nurturing over leaders and staff
- Facilitate monthly leadership meetings. Committee leaders, staff, Session, and diaconal representatives will provide their respective updates during meetings.
- Along with the Session, provide biblical counseling to members, as needed.
- Oversee and hold membership classes, work towards integrating all members and attendees into the body of Christ and growth groups.
- Model and exhort members towards a deeper prayer life. Partake in the monthly morning prayer meetings.
- Participate regularly in Gracepoint’s Inreach and Outreach events
- Explore and pray for the possibility of Gracepoint’s next church plant in the future.
- 5 years or more of active pastoral ministry in a PCA or like-minded church
- Masters of Divinity from an accredited seminary
- Ordained in the PCA or eligible to be transferred into the PCA
- Experienced preaching and teaching skills
- Must be comfortable ministering to individuals from a variety of backgrounds
- Administrative and leadership skills for the development and oversight of committees, staff, lay leaders, programs, and services
- Scripture-centered, proactive, communicative, down-to-earth, and willing to serve
- I Timothy 3 and Titus 1
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, resume, three recorded sermons (one Old Testament, one Gospels, one Epistles), contact information for four references (two from previous ministry positions, two personal references) to: GPCSearchCommittee@gmail.com
Gracepoint Church Information Packet
To view the Gracepoint Church Information packet, click here.
Church Profile Form
If you would like to view the Church profile form, please submit a request to email@example.com.